Welcome to the Resourced ASC Provision at Mersey Drive Primary School.
The primary aim of Mersey Drive ASC Resourced Provision is to create a calm and enabling environment to help children, with inherent challenges in all four areas of difference associated with Autism, to achieve positive outcomes and develop in independence to prepare them for transition to the next stage of their education and beyond.
Who We Are:
What We Do:
We deliver the KS1 and KS2 National Curriculum through Autism friendly teaching strategies within an enabling environment. Our classroom is friendly and welcoming. It is also highly structured with distinct areas and routines and provides a low stimulation environment.
The Main Aims of the Primary Enhanced Provision are:
- To provide a positive, happy, purposeful learning environment where children thrive academically and socially
- To provide an enabling environment that facilitates an efficient education
- To offer a range of teaching strategies to meet a child’s personalised needs based on understanding of autism and knowledge of child’s needs, interests, strengths, sensory profiles and learning styles
- To use individualised support plans that aim to develop social, communication and independence skills.
- To develop a personalised transition plan building up to 80% of the time in their mainstream classroom.
- To provide specialist support and evidence based strategies for each individual.
Mersey Drive Enhanced Autism provision has a maximum pupil capacity of 12. This consists of 2 children per academic year group from Year 1 to Year 6.